Sunday, May 01, 2005

Day 1: In the mortuary

If death is bad, the grave is worse.
The last paper is finally in the trash and yes, I am free bird till the re-exams.BUt what does a free bird do? just keep flying till it can poop over someone's head?
2 days ago, It needed to b spent and there was never time..Now that there's a lot of time, I dont know how to spend it. Most people who expected to sit with me again for the reexams breezed past comforatbly leaving me in misery. Anil Roy says the last date for the Research internship registration is over. I hit a dog and it tired to bite. There is water all over my floor. I cant wear more than my boxer shorts in this heat. I do not have a guide for my RI. There is no paste and I need to brush. I want to grow a six-pack automatically. I cant find a nail cutter. There's never more money in the wallet than you imagine it to be. There's always less money in the wallet than you imagine it to be. Playing football is not easy and dribbling well and getting across defenders is tougher. But,Breaking your glasses and getting a trickle of blood to flow from the face, just a moment before you think it's got to be your goal is the toughest. Here I was, the-not-a-bad-player, dribbling across 1 guy, Hey!!he's following me, gotta put in some more pace, Yes!! crossed him..Oopsey, one more's in the face, a quick pass and I am still rushin towards the goal at full pace with the ball near my partner's feet who's going to roll it down to the Champ in seconds. The ball finally starts rolling towards me....I believe in wait and kick than hurry and mess up and so, I was waitin ...must b bout 1/2 a second before, I suddenly lost track of the ball from the ground and 0.000123 micro seconds later, A spherical gray scaled object was hurled like a cannon ball towards me with the cannon placed just a metre from my feet. The thing's size was increasing uncontollably and I thought of the many reasons why I did not forget my spectacles back in the room. 0.0000001 seconds later, A small thud later, one nose piece, two glass lenses along with their respective legs could all be found flying in the air opposing everything that newton could think of. And now, here I am inside the monitor, trying to identify what I am typing. Half blinded by the loss of glasses, and the other half sight being lost by the intensity of the shot, I have decided to call it a DAY.
P.S- please ignore the spelling mistakes of a poor, half-blinded, failing, sweating Engineer

6 comments:

meTaL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meTaL said...

Hey, we all have our off days. You sound too freakin depressed for the reputation you carry! It will all pass. (and so will you ;) )
as for the RI, im in the same boat as u, and so is a member of the academic committee, so hopefully we'll get ourselves dug out of that rut. as for the spelling, there's always the spell checker to do the apologising for you and...isn't it a little early for you to call yourself an Engineer?

Bhavesh said...

dont giv a damn 2 wht anil roy says, only listen 2 his beautiful wife ;).
whr was i wen dat happened 2 u in futbal?

Gururaj said...

@Isha: Did some1 hack ur password????????

Divzie said...

oh man i have 3 months to kill! im gonna be back home in the next 10 days. gonna keep myself as busy as i can!

sriram said...

hehe lol dude!
guess some ppl are not made for the football field.. that goes for me too. only in this case i tend to make a fool of myself..u know wat i mean right, u saw it
abt the RI who the hell cares wat anil roy says, he's never had the respect of the students who study under him, so sendin some mails and settin some deadlines are not gonna get him anywhere ;)