Sunday, May 08, 2005

Keep Twinkling..Little Star

It was about midnight and I was on the terrace. Resting upon one of the solar heaters, which were full of dirt, not caring, beacuse, they were not my clothes...And NO, I was not touching myself. For a moment, life started looking pleasant. The touch of the cold wind made me feel after a real long time, content, with the way I was. And then, I looked up...thinking what a romantic night is made of. The essence was there right in front of my eyes. A moonlit cum starlit sky with no hidden costs for viewing. Each star had more stars and more stars had still more stars..No star was a single star..The whole sky was like a pizza with the best toppings..only,one couldnt feast upon it with their mouth.There, I was, always, normally wasting my life away, And here, life was showing me how much it had to offer. Normally I do have a keen sense for scenting metaphors for each occation, but for this one, it was just plain priceless..The faint hint of a purplish-yellowish-brownish light at the bottom of the line of sight made it look even precious. There was no audible sound that could disturb me. There was no flow of thoughts in my head. Everything had stopped just for that moment. As I looked into the sky, I felt like it too was looking....Looking at each and every one of us...Looking carefully, with the searchlight from stars..And Then, I could feel its whispers...Yes, it was talking...Must b a hallucination..May b a hallucination..can be one...No...it did teach me something....Something perhaps I can tell everyone someday...

oh and BTW, Alak, if u get to b an astronaut, can I get to be the first creature to land in mars?? like luka the first creature in...hmmm...space??

6 comments:

Naresh said...

wow! extraordinary narration dude! these hols hv really gvn us sometime 2 spend wid ourselves!

Gururaj said...

Yes be....2 be one wid oneself is a once in a bluemoon opporunity
And It's laika and not luka, I think..thnx to ppl who overlook mistakes and thnx also to ppl who try not to embarass me by questionin my limited G.K.
;)

Prasoon said...

Since so many days i've wanted to write abt the most beautiful things around us, may be people wud say chiks but i'd rank the nite sky even higher.
Hey, how abt star gazing one nite.. we'd seat ourselves in the verandah outside the sac facing the ground, plaing cards or somethin of that sort n lie down thr itself facing the sky, enchanting the beauty all arnd.. me game, you? collect ppl, playing mafia wudn't be a bad option..

Gururaj said...

u stole it right 4m my mouth...I was just gonna say da same thing be..

Prasoon said...

Plan then....

Alaknanda said...

u too stole it rite 4m my mouth....nicely written...ya i feel the same thing...the talkin part...:)

and ya will take ya, if i get to go....:)

and ya me too....i ll rate the nite sky higher than anything else...:D