Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why I am not a Lunatic

Now that I have bunked enough exams for people to look at me and recognize me as the efficient 'bunker', I believe it needs to be made crystal clear first as to why I never wrote them.

I have never had a fancy for exams and right since my 10th class, I started loathin'em. These feelings can never be suppressed deep inside and specially when you have people who think alike, well...

Anyway, coming back to jan the 2nd, I believe, the day I was back here to start off a new semester with a new zeal and a determination I believed that I never had. Our college, being a world class one, we have electives to choose from, to be precise 2 tech electives and an open one. Around the end of the 1st fortnight, I chose OCS and DSP, DSP because I loved the prof, and OCS, coz I loved his grading. For one month, I attended the same and was very confident of changing the winds into a favourable direction. My open elective, being LCOM, which surprisingle, I found very intersting to attend and understand that not all students are gifted enough not to put their big feet into their bigger mouth.
As each day went on, I grew more and more confident. For the first time, I even started studying the DSP text book, a long way before the exam. And as for the assignment, I did it a week before the submission date(Maa Kasam), And in OCS, I even gained some respect from the prof. by looking and acting clever(i.e., essentially nodding at the end of alternate sentences and an occasional accha and an oh.ho...)

NOw that I was real confident this semester, I opened my grade card(SRS) right in the lab, because I knew I would not be embarassed anymore, not after this semester.But as my best mate, Bad luck would never say that. I had also applied for an improvement course with the regular courses because, the improvement block was enabled and Aashish Jaadhav told that he did not know whether one could apply for them or not and it was all in the hands of the person who designed the software. And so, one month later, I find that my electives are not the ones, whose lectures I have been attending, whose lab I have been working in. The joke was back on me. Only look at the reg. form and I could hardly talk. I acted bold in front of Rahul as I am used to, but I realized I was now broke.

We went and spoke to Mr.Chopra who told us that all this could be repaired but the lecturers would blame him later and so asked us to consult Mr.Aashish Jaadhav first. So, there, I went..One knock, no reply another harder knock, no reply, A big bang on the door, yet no response...
So, I opened the door myself and went in to find him talking to Mr.Chopra about my situation .I told him that I had a problem and wanted some time to tell him about it.

Aasish: Jaldi bolo. Mere paas time nahi hai.

Me: Sir, I did not check my mail for a few days (3 to be precise) and so missed the mail which was supposed to make me change back to my right electives and now sir, I have very diff electives in the form, these are the ones that I filled way back in december. I know it's a fault to...

Aashish: I cant help U. It's your problem. What can I do(cant represent in words his scary snaky voice and his dead looks)

Me: Give me a minute Sir, my career might be at stake here.I have attended the lectures and labs of 3 completely diff courses for a month out of 4 and now, u want me to take some other electives? Sir, U could have just dropped the imp., Courses for which i applied and kept the rest of the form intact....
Aashish: Samajh mein nahi aata hai kya..GEt out..I have a tutorial to prepare for. Baahar jao...

ME: Sir, listen to me, this might just end my career.

Aashish: Sun liyaa, ab niklo...

Me: Sir,.........

Aashish: Baahar se aadmi ko bulao kya???

Me: thank you for your time Sir.Is there no solution?

Aashish: you do one thing. U write one letter to Mr.Sam Chat, stating your problem
and your roll no. Letter ka koi use nahi, phir bhi, lkho....


Me: Ok Sir..


Me and Rahul, did that and then we were directed to Mr.Sam Chat who told us firmly but gently that he could not help as decided in a meeting held for us, (which never occured, as far as I know), and was very sorry and got back to sipping his cup again.

We went out of the room and sat at the nearest bench, tellin each other how our new electives were not bad........But, the eyes said it all.

3 months later and 3 bunks later,this is one of the few reasons I believe that I never adjusted to the courses I took

Amen

15 comments:

Rahul said...

I don't know why I'm still in love with adversities. Definitely taught me many lessons :)

Gururaj said...

I cannot deny that I stopped loving'em...but, does make sense to use'em for an excuse

shriesh said...

Any idea where these people called 'profs' come from?
Lets go and blast that place man!

Oh man, we both are surely in the same boat!

Gururaj said...

Wow...thnx 4 da support. I av been thinkin of takin this issue to the director..tht way I may hav some fun or get kicked for all I know...

meTaL said...

This problem with courses in the SRS has bugged far too many people in our batch. This matter will have to be raised with that BTech notice we received frm Jadhav, in the next confrontation between them and us

P.S. Sometimes I wish we had a student's union here

Gururaj said...

@|\/|eT/-\|
Hey, I din know u had a blog...
And BTW, about tht SRS thing, lemme see wat the director will say...The convenor and Dean shd b persons who have respect to their positions not hawkers who accidentally got recruited here...

Bhavesh said...

that was the worst thing to have happened to a student of our college. i think this matter shud b raised publicly. a bloody programmer makes a mistake and a bunch of careers get affected. somethin has to be certainly done. if u permit me, i wud like to send a mail to the batch to check this blog and try to help you out.
raj, i really want to help you out in this matter. suggest something that you would like me to do. personally, i think meeting the director and confrontin the ppl involed through proper channels (which co operate, if they dont co-op we go to next level) wud b a good idea. this is highly ridiculous behaviour by the supposedly responsible individuals who have been entrusted wid our careers.

Bhavesh said...

also, dont assume wht the director will say. v hv 2 meet him coz thr is no other way out. he is the ultimate authority.

Smartalec said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smartalec said...

what a fucking mess! bastard jadhav! how u stood there, raj, with the sonofabitch babbling on in his rani mukherjee voice, n not kick the bearded motherfucker's balls i can't understand!
jeez! our college administration sucks man! bloody bureaucracy n nothing else... line-up all these bloody good-for-nothin profs n shoot them from point blank range i say! u definitely go 2 d director n i kno, d entire bacth is gonna b with ya!

Divzie said...

Hey! what college did u say you're from?

Gururaj said...

@Steve and Bhavesh:
thnx a lot guys...I definitely wanna c the director about this, a bit late tho... :(

[Amod] said...

me too with steve,bhavesh and loosoos naturay!

Unknown said...

go get 'em, tiger!

on a more serious note, i'd like to say 'believe in yourelf', and 'do what your heart tells you' kinda stuff, but being the natural pessimist that i am, i think that path never worked for us. all i wanna say is jot down your goals, analyse them, and fight for them. but casting the whole world aside doesn't help you, since finally you are a part of this world.

sit back, take stock, prepare, aim and launch.

sriram said...

sorry to hear abt wat happened to u man! heard it in that academic council meetin where the atendance was so pathetic that no wonder we aint makin any progress on such issues..
neways i never thought jadhav cud be this rude, but i stick to my belief that samchat is cool though
gud luk dude