Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dis-Temper

Privacy and Possession...
I need my space..Although, I do not have any space in the hostel campus still even in my friend's room, I feel I need my own space. Anyway, Rahul wanted to get tatkaal and so after playing football in the night, we had to rush to the station in the early mornin at 4:15. And just before that, in the shower, my foot got caught in my slipper and in between the door and I experienced the force of gravity. I dont look at the roof of the bathroom so often and so, when I fell on my arse, as I looked up, just for a moment, I thought, I reached a new world--Moksha, Mukti...I thought I had become the divine...And I was disturbed my Movva, who was shouting in pain, as he was killed(headshot from Deagle). Coming back to the I-dont-know-wat's-next-world, we hurried to the reservation counter. As we were going towards the counter, even without my glasses, I could distinctively make out 3 white mats laid on the ground with bodies beneath them. A split second later, my razor sharp brain realized that dead people do not buy their own tatkaal tickets to their grave and so, this must be something new. So, I asked Bob, who told me that it was people sleeping..There were still 3 hours remaining and we had nothing to do..We were apparently the 7th in the line there.Each minute was trying hard to wriggle across and an hour seemed like eternity..Anyway, finally wen the door was opened at 7:30 all the homo sapiens waiting patiently outside rushed in like I would, if I saw naked chicks inside..We went in a bit calmly, always being assured of the "fact" that we were the 7th and will retain that position.There were twoo beelines, I slipped into the 4th position of the 2nd line and Rahul was thrown out of the first line. Next, the guy behind the counter asks us to sit in the nearby chairs, in the same sequence as we were standing. If you remember the most famous game played at boring parties, That chair..something game.....hmm..yes...The musical chairs, here the music was the counter guy's voice and I was the one left out. Stubborn that I am, I just stood in between two chairs just to show him that this was my place.
It took a whole minute for that """Gentleman""" to come out of his angry stare time and then he asked me how I could just fit in whereever I could. He also advised us to go behind him in the Q.
to be continued....

My already heated up head had seen enough. Although Rahul was trying his best to block me, I was jumping at him with all my censored verbal power and he being poor at bad words perhaps, could not hit back and so waved his fist at me. Realizing that this guy would not understand the middle finger, I showed him back the fist too..And soon, he accepted defeat coz I had the higher decibal level. So, there was still 1/2 an hour left. At 7:45, the counter guy sat back in his chair and the tea guy madea deal with 5th-blue-Jihadi type 1st line man.700 Rs extra for a ticket ..PAkka ho jayega ..aap paise to de do..That's wen I went out to cool my temper and found stickers outside. Stickers that are stuck on the EMS speed post.There were about 20 of'em and I stuck them at even the most remotely possible places one can expect--like Bob's ass, inside a post box, on the window of the P.O, on the train timings board covering the part that showed the time of arrival....When there were 2-3 mins left, theere was this gentleman who was apparently the first to come (one of the sleepin white mat guys), and he was in the 1st line when people threw him out and he came towards the guy in ahead of me and asked himn to give a little space, pushed two people the way lil'Krishna does to trees and rooted himself into the 3rd position. As we are already the infamous pessimisatic duo, and we were already 3 people down the line, we thought we were already not getting tickets..So, no point in throwing one more person out of the way ..And so we waited and we waited till he said:: "Secunderabad, paanch sau sattar+1 rupai do"(I forgot what 571 is called in hindi)

5 comments:

Gururaj said...

My life is a custom made funny adventure where I keep gettin the bumps, ...verf often..:(

Smartalec said...

like i told u in the food court, ur blog just cracks me up!! man, with all d d.com. tension raging, reading ur blog is one helluva relief! no offense meant but it really feels good 2 know that someone out there is getting screwed by life more than myself if not d same;)!

Unknown said...

dude, i think you are about the only guy who can look misfortune in the face and laugh at it. be proud, and live life like you've done till now.

remember when you've told me that you've enjoyed these btech years more than anyone? sad, yes, but hell of a lot full and satiated. so, there goes....

Alaknanda said...

hehehe sho shweet...:)

where u now?? in hyd?? mum? gujarat?? :O

Gururaj said...

gujrat :(