Monday, April 25, 2005

Social, Am I?

I dont give a damn about what people think. Yes, I am ready to face the wrold however wierdly it okks me in the eye. NO, I am not just another failure. I am determined and equally hungry for success. It's just that my norms for success and my levels of desc. of success are very different from others. Marks do define your success. Not just marks but a lot of other things. But, When you are not ready to run, will you run when the whistle goes?? Or will you wait for the race to end and join in the next race? The audience will look at you like a creature in the zoo. They find anything that is not done according to the tradition as idiotic, funny and very interesting to listen too. There are, of course, people who care. People, who want to know why this happened.
Look at playmates, for example. They open up all their shame. They undress and get pictures taken. Will you allow that for money? I already hear "SICK!!!"...

Looking at people scurrying to dig up one more mark before the exam usually inspired me to do the same. But now, it isnt. Now, I want to do well with a preparation that is well too. Look at businessmen for example, thay take risks. Bold risks, small risks, risks that may never pay off......But, sometimes, when you know it is right, u'll do it. And soon, you'll know why you were right.

And this is not the time. Impossible to me is temporary. Impossible to me is a word that will be deleted. But, time is what stands between me and impossible and surrounding us, is every creature I know, some very good, very helpful some just standing there to enjoy what they think is Failure.
Even now, as I type that word, I think twice. I hate that word. Yes, every one wants success and yes, people do hit failure. But, why? what is failure anyway? Is it flunking your exams? IS it not putting up enough hard work? Is it thinking of things not necessary at that time and place. The word " interest " has lost it's meaning here. When you opt for electives, you are supposed to be taking things that you have elected, chosen. I did not choose mine. The college chose them for me and gift wrapped them with a threatening call for Fr, due to attendance shortage.

I am just short of Success and tears. Whether I get success first or tears, it does not matter. I know I was brave in doing what I have done. I love myself and I'll see to it that whatever hits me, I stay onboard and on the right ship.

Not in ICT

4 comments:

shaan said...

what a post ! that too just before exams !!!

[Amod] said...

well raj, i appreciate ur feelings... it's great to think out of the box but then it is equally important to stick to it. Whatever u have decided must be good for u...ur life...ur decisions...ur footoore...but as a friend all I need to say is that do justice with ur true self. May be not in ICT, but there's a world outside but to reach that world you've cross over, isnt it? and missing exams???is this the way out? I dont think so.
Its not really important to win, its more important to try... as a defender in football u know how to tackle something ferocious coming ur way, isnt it? And as a goalkeeper I know how badly i need a good defender... its just like that only... there r ppl who r affected by ur decisions and its never too late. Best of luck for re-exams(if u r giving that *angry looks* )

shriesh said...

Hmmm, acads....acads! damn that word!
anyways, i liked ur idea, the confusion, atleast thats the way i see it........Loving oneself is gr8...and i think thats the way life should be!

mphaxise said...

well must say u tried to defend yourself...
as long as u give ur best shot atleast in the re-exams it is ok.. other wise this risk was not worth taking...
well must say intelligent words by Amod "its not winning that matters... its giving ur best shot at it!"
Good Luck!