Sunday, June 19, 2005

Accessories--wat to wear and wat to bare

As far as what I have seen in bombay, if you are a girl, u need to

1. stand in front of the mirror atleast a dozen times before u finalize that you are as beautiful as yesterday night before sleeping.
2. Find the shortest and tightest piece of clothing found in the almirah and try to wear it. If not wearable,go back to 2.

For those wierdos in bombay whose muscles at the bisceps come to somewhere about the size of my waist, I bet they wear their sister's childhood dresses ot their girlfriend's tops, that are so tight that you can almost hear them ripping and so badly colored with tinges of yellow, orAnge,red,flourescent colors that your eye cannot see the thing for more than 1/10th of a millisecond.

The latest trend in my college:
3/4ths.The coolest thing to cover your crotch and your knees but still show your ankles to which those poor girls gore....?
Tight tees... Mummy might not think so, but I have great muscles and may be if I wear this tee from my 2nd class, girls will fall into a trance and start following me right where I want 'em to.



Next come the girls from south India for whom going to temple is much more important than my comp to me. They can never be seen without coconuts in their hands and holy vermillion on their foreheads. Theses girls have a set of salwar kameezes which look more or less the same and perhaps slightly differ in the shade{ like dark grey and light black}

And then, there is the I-am-Getting-Cool-soon type who have their hair braided but wear tight tees and have just started wearing jeans which have wierd dyes on them scaring you out of your nerves whenever you hit the canteen for some food.

And finally come the Angels, who may or may not wear something good, but they remain goddesses..that is, if they do not wear those jeans with vertical lines or military pants..


Among the guys, we see the
Pyjama variety: I fall into this category. too lazy to change after getting up,the pyjamas stick to me the whole day along with a borrowed tee from the nearest open room.
Shorts variety: now, this is a tricky class..this has studious people who wear long bermudas to ventilate their brain, then there is the shorts and shoes variety, the people who look like they are straight from outside the stairs of a temple, then the shorts and hawaii type, these people stand one step below me coz they take baths rarely when compard to my frequency, do not Comb Hair and hate changing clothes(underwear included)
I-am-Already-a-CEo variety: roam the streets wearing bolds and neatly pressed pants with each edge showing sharply with the shirt tucked in and a belt, everything in perfection.I suggest that you kindly try tugging their shirts, crumpling their pants. the reaction is one, worth seeing...


In the summer spring summer'05 special, we get to see girls roaming with a chunni around their neck which goes up and above the head like an automatic sensor, at the slightest prescence of the sun and which then goes 'stylsihly' between their hands like they are holding some vessel or something.Now this variety is an add-on and goes along with all classes of girls.

Ulta-Kwel-variety: Shave their heads or keep long hair, often wear tees with death metal bands with names so obscure that I believe such bands never existed( these tees are commonly sold on the streets of bombay for 35 rupees and I have one of'em), of course topped by a 3/4 th, undeniably they provide instantenous humour to the poor hungry people waiting for their meals.

I-love-studies-Add on: this is a bag, which goes along with most classes of people who either have a girlfriend or a good pointer.

I-brushed-today add on: This one's exclusively for me as often I feel really really hungry as soon as I get up, so I brush my teeth and keep the brush in my pocket and run off to lunch with the brush showing...

8 comments:

Y.M. said...

ha ha!!...it seems you have done ph d in all varieties of girls and guys.hey..no comment about delhi girls...want to know the expert comments about the group i belong to...and hey loved your i-love-my-brush type..he he!!..
hilarious is "the " word for your post...nice post!
its always fun reading your blgs

Arpit said...

juss a question that popped up:-
is dis wat u r doin in ur research internship?? :P .. hehe.. well must say pretty indepth research on all varieties of guys nd gals!!
this post rox man!!!

shaan said...

*bows*
Raj is god !!!
but my god what category do i fall into .. i am very confused
dear god show me path to nirvana

Mirage said...

My my! Great observation! You've managed to correctly categorise everyone around you! i had a vague idea about bombay...u've cleared the picture considerably!
Delhiites are similar too...only a lot more flashy!

shrek said...

oye!! u forgot another class... those very prevelant hnowadays back in hyd i hear..(the confused class) with torn and used jeans(why dont u take my 5 year old jeans for the same price??) having purple hair, or wearing earrings.

nice post l.
(But I still dont know which category i fall into :-<)

Unknown said...

roflmao! You b*****d! i gotta hand it to you man... you make me laugh at the same time you insult me! seems like you've successfully slotted me into one of those classes. or was it modeled on me?

tell me tell me, what's the secret of these rocking posts man?

man!! can't believe you..

Gururaj said...

@Shikha:never been to delhi...The first time I go there, I promise to put up something ...
@Shaan:My dear dear Senior, U can pull so much of my leg ....


And, as Shrek correctly pointed I did not consider the "normal" people worth a paragraph here, the ones with jeans that have faded with age, sometimes a cool cool tee and sometimes a tee their parents bought for them ...
@confused: Any resembleance to any real characters is purely coincidential ;)

Gururaj said...

hey hey....I am not talkin bout brands...It's the color and the type of fit, ppl wear...If only my fone was workin, I cuda posted a foto from each kind..