Wednesday, February 13, 2013

PCL , the Point Cloud Library

A clean install using apt-get did not satisfy my needs as I needed the experimental one. So did an install from source and then ran apt-get install and it suggested that some of my libs were redundant and suggested to remove them. 
Did an autoremove with apt-get and now my PCL dependencies have gone. Here is what sufficed:

sudo apt-get install libboost-dev-all libvtk5-dev
and then the same exercise of  sudo ./install.sh in each of OpenNI,Sensor and Nite folders and we are back on good terms with the Xtion pro.

PCL experimental from source asked me to do:
sudo apt-get install libeigen3-dev libflann-dev and vtk was already installed above. So waiting for some kungfu with kinfu
 UPDATE:
Sigh!! Kinfu needs CUDA support!! Cant' run it on my laptop.  Need to setup on desktop and run remotely on laptop.

Help on OpenCV from source: 
http://renzhi.ca/2010/06/09/how-to-install-opencv-on-ubuntu-from-source/
http://varuagdiary.blogspot.in/2011/09/installing-opencv-23-on-ubuntu-1104.html

No comments: