Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Experiments with sneezes

A weird disease hit me late December when I started working from home. Almost everyday after I went to sleep, I would get up with an extremely itchy throat and a series of unending sneezes after which I would be a victim of post-sneezatic stress and would await the return of my body to normalcy for about another hour after which I could finally rest in peace(for the day). This disturbing syndrome led to recurring visits to first an allopathy doctor who gave anti-allergy tablets, followed by sugar pills homoeopathy doctor. Stopping the anti-allergy pills would revive my sneezy syndrome and the homoeo medicines proved good only for my sweet tooth.

A two-month experiment with different foods only led to the conclusions that I could reduce my day time sneezes by reduction of citrus intake but it had no effect on my nocturnal syndrome. Lots of sleepless nights and infinite sneezes later, I finally stumbled onto something during my late night  sleepy stupor after the sneezes when I was randomly browsing when I had typed all permutations and combinations of the words 'allergy', 'sneeze', 'after sleep' for the past sixty days, I finally found an answer.

The liver. One of the few organs I never knew much about. The liver is one of the prime organs of the body and contributes to filtering about everything. My liver was acting against me and releasing histamines. It said the liver tries to cleanse itself around 1-3 AM and it was just a comment on some post(link, search for comment by Madhavi). I just hoped that this find would be true and that I could conclude my experiment. So, I went on a strict fast of only fruits( including citrus ones) to see if I would get my nocturnal sneezy stuff.

Lo and behold!! I stand cured. My experiments are as a curious and a concerned patient and have been rewarded but I advise that this be taken only as advise and should not be understood as equivalent to a certified medial practitioner's opinion.

And that is the story of how I have been doing well since the last three days, by limiting my diets to foods that can go easy so that I give time to my liver to detoxify.

No comments: