Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Power of One

there are two hundred and forty people in my batch. More than, seventy of them maintain their GPA above three. In these seventy, I am familiar with more than 50 people. The other twenty or so people are the ones that I keep thinking about. I know what goes in the head of the people I know...What about the others???
For instance, I recently shifted into the on campus and one of those guys I mentioned in the anonymous 20, is my new roomate. He has his own computer, he has his own headphones and his own stuff. He can hardly resist sleep after 12 in the night.He hasnt uttered a single syllable to me till now.People who didnt see him talking might even think that he's one of those deaf and sumb guys. he has got a job. He studies well.He attends each and every lecture that takes place anywhere in the next square km. Be it his elective or not, he is bound to be there if there is a free slot. As I joined this college, I was a cute lil overgrown kid.But slowly, my mind adapted and learnt zillions of things, I never thought I could ever learn. But, yet, what remains abstract to me is the fact that no one, no one can ever think the same ....but , yet...everyone ends up doing the same thing and leaning on the same wall..
I do not dictate uniqueness as a quality of necessity, but a quality that exists, inside each head, no matter how dumb it looks or acts. Then, why do people do the same damn thing again???
I am no philosopher or some guy who wants to make something clear to everyone. After all my ramblings, I know I still remain groping in darkness here. But, what I see ist that, everyone has caught one light or another. Be it a small torch, that might work only for seconds, they are satisfied that they have light with them. This to me, reminds of moths. Whatever be the result of the encounter with fire, the moth shall never stop going towards it. Well..Why??? maybe it thinks that light is a safe place...But, then...we have a neocortex that makes us stay as human beings.
Here's the thing. How much ever anyone jeers or mocks me or stops me...And remains happy that he has a job and will remain happy...Just remember this:
There are billions of people who live in this world and most educated people do something or the other to get food,entertainment and sex. But, how many of them do we know?? How many of them have died and lived happy??
Everything that everyone puts is a mask. I know people...People interested in writing, reading, math, science, biology, mass commn. ...but because they are her..They need to continue here...
I have no idea of what it'll take to get what's inside my head...But I also know that it is better to try and faint than stay ignorant and happy...

Even now, I say that getting a job is not tough.I can call up someone and land my self somewhere or the other..But ..Is that it? A desk, a comp, a few papers and copying data?? The sole question of our existence marred by things that never yield happiness ...(oops!!!money does that)
I find it quite wondeful the way life existed a few hundred years ago. People did what pleased them. NO..Not in India..Say whatever you may, but India has never had an open head ...there were few people who could break out and excel..But, elsewhere, people who loved to dig, digged...people who loved to bould, builded(built, in fact) and people who loved to write, wrote(writed will suit the sentence, but will crack my hidden reputation for bad vocabulary) and people who...Wonder how I keep writing stuff just for the heck of it......
Anyway

4 comments:

Y.M. said...

that s very true!!...ppl go for conventional things....there r very limited options and evthing has become very repetitive...but now its on us to chose our way...its on us to either follow our heart or conventions.....and once you have decided , your struggle will start......and yeah right society dont allow u to be different....but do we care?

Naresh said...

The most unique thing we could do is to break stereotypes! Go against the dogmatic society, ofcourse with a pinch of caution and prudence added.

Divzie said...

i said it in one of my posts...people only do the thing sthey do to keep themselves busy. but you can keep urself busy in so many ways..u dont have to work or go to college for that! life is strange

sriram said...

seems like raj's got grudges[;)]

well yeah i kinda agree that landin a job aint a big deal but it does a lot to yer sense of self esteem. nyways indians were and will remain safe players. "getting settled in life" is a goal that is hardwired into the kid frm the day he is born..i mean the psyche reflects it