Friday, November 30, 2007

in win, out doubt

for the uninitiated, fashion has sinked in a BIG way in all kinds of people. When it has set into me, it has set into everyone can be a safe assumption. And so I walk down the road, thinking about whether my sweatshirt matches with my shoes, whether white socks are too weird or are they fine, whether a certain color 'X' which I shall not mention is 'in' this season or not.

Speaks. Speaks that I have too much time left on my hands these days when I am looking at blogs, making comments, checking my social network, calling people, lifting the phone when people call, It is a change. A change I have not predicted. A rare moment of being silent when you think about what you have been thinking and you think that what you have been thinking about is not worth it. And then you think whether you can think like that or not. And this hierarchy keeps going until sweet sleep takes over.

They tell me hip-hop is in. I listen to hip-hop. what is hip-hop? Hopping your hip all over the place. I am better off looking at a certain subset of the society hopping their hips. They tell me Akon is cool, rather Akon is kewl is what they say. I see and listen to Smack that, make a futile attempt to memorize the lyrics and maki it look cool.(kewl). Wearing oversized clothes is out. Dark clothes in. The darkest piece of cloth I have is my underwear. Superman is here folks!!!!


What else is in? to me, in my own context? LIFE is in. Do what you want, life it your way, sing the worst song, sing the loudest, make those poor neighbours either deaf or go mentally unsound, vomit on the next girl you see, pee on most expensive car you see come back to your room, face shining in glee at the happy things done. Break glasses, throw stones, just be careful not to hit me as I am the motivator.

2 comments:

Y.M. said...

oh do u know wearing pink shirt with golden trousers and red shoes and a cute little white ribbon is "super in"....go go go and wear dat nxt time u go out!!...

[Amod] said...

I've a fat skin that doesn't let "fashion" creep in. You're kewl anyway!! Leave the kewlness for skul goin doods..