Monday, April 06, 2009

The Hair Comb Seller

While going to get my spectacles repaired at ameerpet, I saw a bandi full of combs. Not that I use a comb regularly, or that I even have a 'hair style' I just felt a sudden urge to comb my hair. Searching for a comb suitable for me, I chose a nice coffee and chocolate color blend comb. Looking around for the seller, I noticed a man in his mid-forties wearing a skull cap and puffing heavily at the remains of a bedi. Stubbing the remains, he walked towards me, took a look at the comb I was holding and said, " teen rupaiy fixed price".

More than happy with the deal, I paid him the same. Coming back the next day to pick my mended glasses, I saw two policemen pulling the bandi off. I looked around to find the comb wallah, but he was gone. Perhaps forever.

With the speed at which the world is changing and I am growing old, I guess I might turn delusional sooner than I thought.

3 comments:

[Amod] said...

There is a young girl who sells plastic roses at Brigade Road, Bangalore. I saw her more than a few times. I'm glad not all is changing so fast.

[Amod] said...

...

Gururaj said...

I do not have mail on comment system. :(
But yes, atleast somethings are staying :)